Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dresden Plate Quilt on the frame


Hi everyone from Ten Gables Cottage,
What a gorgeous day today! It is not too hot, but sunny. There are lots of crows flying around which is a sure Fall sign! After church and a lunch of straberry waffles, I came home to quilt a little and paint alot! I am painting a Free Give Away painting for my painting blog http://egrettawells.blogspot.com/ . Check it out and you might win my new painting.
The quilt is called Dresden Plate and I have worked on it all summer and am now quilting it. It is completely done by hand except the sashing between the plates and I did sew it by machine. I am doing this quilt for my church, Peace Luthern Church, for the Fall and Christmas Bazaar in November. I also have another one just like it to finish for my family! I just couldn't quit making Dresden Plates!!
My mother and grandmothers were all skilled quilters and I think I feel the need to carry on the family tradition, maybe not the skill so much, but I am having fun with it. Any comments? Where are all the quilters and what are you making?
Have a great day and thanks for visiting Ten Gables Cottage today!

1 comment: