Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, October 25, 2010

"McIntosh Apple Crumb Pie"


Yum! I dried some more McIntosh apples and kept some fresh slices out to make this Apple Crumb Pie. It is a favorite that I have made many times from The Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (printed about 1960-61 and taped together, I've used it so much). In case you don't have the cookbook, here is the recipe.
Apple Crumb Pie
5 to 7 tart apples (I use McIntosh)
1 nine inch pie crust (I use pre made) unbaked
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Pare apples; cut in eights. Arrange in unbaked pie shell. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle over apples.
1/2 cup sugar 3/4 flour 1/3 cup butter. Now mix sugar,flour and butter together til crumbly and sprinkle over apples. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. I like to serve with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. This is an easy, quick and delicious Fall pie. Think I'll go have another piece.
Have a fun day!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! It looks gorgeous. Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook recipes are hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete