Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Back of Ten Gables Cottage


Hi everyone, Hope you are having a marvelous day! You can see in this photo how blue the sky is here today and how green the trees and grass are. This is the back of Ten Gables. At night, one can see the stars through that big window! That little tree in the garden up by the patio is some kind of scrub that appeared when a bird transported a seed there (my guess) and I have no idea what it is. I keep it trimmed small and sort of saucer shaped rather than cut it down. The birds love to nest in it and there is a wrought iron arch nearby where they love to perch and sing. I have a bird bath in the garden, as well. A Carolina Wren family was raised in a hanging basket on the porch. They had 4 little babies and I watched as one by one they left the nest. That was in the Spring, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment