Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baking Sweets at Ten Gables


This morning I had to make some treats to sell at the Peace Lutheran Church Bazaar on Saturday. So I decided on Orange Butterscotch Bars and Chocolate Fudge. Both turned out well and are YUMMY! So below are the recipes to share with you. Both are quick and easy, my prerequisite for cooking! You won't believe it, but the fudge only has TWO ingredients!
Orange Butterscotch Bars
Cream together:
2 sticks butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
Add 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 pkg. butterscotch morsels
Grease a 15 x10 jelly roll pan. Spread out dough (I oiled my hands to do this). Bake 18-22 minutes til light brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 large squares.
Two Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
1 tub (can) of prepared chocolate cake icing, any brand (I used Pillsbury chocolate fudge)
I package of chocolate chips
Melt in a pyrex 9 x9 inch dish in microwave. Start with 40 seconds on high. Stir and continue to microwave for 20 seconds and stir until chips are melted into the icing. Optional: Add nuts of your choice. Smooth out in dish and refrigerate. When nice and firm, cut in squares. Makes 36 pieces.
I put English Walnuts in mine. Black walnuts or pecans are equally delicious! Now, how easy is that! I made this batch while the cookies baked. Both were completed in 30 minutes!
Let me know if you try these recipes.
For the candy, you can use Cream cheese frosting with white chocolate chips and add candied cherries. Or what about using white frosting and adding peanut butter chips? I have tried a bunch of variations and all were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment