Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Florida Pummelo Grapefruit




Wow! This grapefruit weighed in at a whopping 4 lbs.! I got it at the fruit/veg market---wish I had grown it, but no. That is a regular sized apple sitting by it and when I cut the grapefruit, I placed the apple in the center, so you could see how truly big it is! It is juicy and deliciious and I plan to use it in an avocado/grapefruit salad. Pummelo grapefruits are grown all over Florida, as far as I know. This one came from Haines City, Florida. Citrus is in right now. My oranges are getting bright orange and have sweetened up with the cooler weather we are having.
Hope you have a great day today. Egretta

5 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my childhood in Malaya. We used to have these things quite frequently, although we called them Pomelo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grapefruit looks big & delicious; it's nicely photographed too. I love Florida grapefruit. Oh and Florida pineapple is dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's huge! I can only grow citrus in pots where I live. I've had a couple chances to visit Florida when it was in season and thoroughly enjoyed it.

    I love the Spanish moss in front of your cottage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I have never seen such a huge grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Appalachian Feet for joining my blog! I, too, am orginally an Appalachian girl, born and reared in Kentucky, a University of Tenness graduate.


    Keewee, thanks for commenting. That grapefruit will make more than one salad!

    ReplyDelete