Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Sunday, November 28, 2010

This is the way the garden grows.....



Hi everyone from Ten Gables Cottage,
The broccoli has finally started to make nice florets and the tomatoes are growing, too. I will have broccoli by Christmas, but the tomatoes may not be ripe. We shall see!! I have had to be diligent about watering, as we are getting only a drop of rain about every 2 or 3 weeks, so every evening I am checking to see what is needed! The broccoli leaves wilt quite a bit during the day in the hot sun, but it doesn't seem to hurt them much. In the photo, you can see a yellow leaf on bottom...could do with more water I suppose, or that may be because I used our drinking water to water and it has some purifiers in it. Sorry to say that I don't have any rain water saved in a barrel...the heat would evaporate it in no time. But I do have an untreated well on the property, so that is the way to go.
I have started decorating Ten Gables for Christmas.....the Christmas tree went up yesterday, but still needs some finishing touches. I decided on a different theme this year, so will be putting up another one or more to use some of the treasured ornaments from around the world. I love decorating for Christmas! I will soon start showing you my creative endeavors! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. So; broccoli, tomatoes, peas, radishes... We'll make a true Veg Gardener of you yet, Egretta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all the pointers I can get, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The broccoli and tomatoes seem to be growing really fast and they look great! I made giant American-sytle cinnamon roles over the weekend - I really should be eating more veg instead of sugar!

    ReplyDelete