Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pretzel Rods and Avocados


Hello everyone,
I have been very busy at Ten Gables! Many avocados fell from the big trees during this cold weather, so I picked them up and have been giving them away. It will be good to make guacamole dip for the holidays! The other thing I have been doing today is making dipped pretzel rods! My daughter and daughter-in-law both love these and I always make a big glass container full to sit on the kitchen counter. They particularly like the white chocolate ones and I do different little decorative things to them, like drizzle with milk chocolate, add dark chocolate chips to the coating or sprinkle with colored sugar or different sprinkles. Using the microwave to melt the dipping chocolates makes this a speedy project.
Well, thankfully, it is warmer today, in the 60's with plenty of sun and not much wind, so it is pleasant. The poor yard is all brown now, though, and some of the plants look pretty shocked. I heard there may be more cold on the way by next week! It does seem more Christmasy when it is cold. Hope you are having a very good day, Egretta

2 comments: