Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Decorating for Valentine's Day

When I took down the Christmas decorations in the dining room, I decided to give it a cleaning and then decorate a little for Valentine's Day. I hung a few handcrafted felt hearts in the windows and put out some pink placemats my mother made. I didn't do much, but it looks festive and I might just have to have some friends over for tea, now!




This photo is quite dark, so click on it for a closer view. I painted the wall deep red about twelve years ago and have just loved it. It took three coats of paint to get the deep, rich color. The room does not look dark like this picture is, and I have white mouldings and white valances, etc. so it all works together to make this my favorite room in the house. I only wish it were bigger! The stained glass window has a story behind it.





I found this stained glass window hanging in an antique shop. I was able to buy it at a very reasonable price. I was so happy, but then on the way home with it, I actually dropped it and cracked a piece of the glass! I was angry with myself, but there was nothing I could do. So it is all together and looks great, but upon close observation, one can see the cracks!





Do you see the cracks near the bottom on the left? Such a shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment