Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Collections!

Hi everyone from Ten Gables Cottage,

I wonder if any of you have the problem that I have and it is: my house runneth over with stuff! As I put away Christmas decorations, I am sifting through closets, boxes and drawers and finding too many things that I really don't need! Never mind that I don't use them...some things I simply cannot part with, such as the Toby mugs and cups!

I have 6 different ones similiar to the two in the photograph, plus saucers to go with the cups. These were produced in Japan.

Then I have this group of jugs and pitchers! Some of them were made in England and some in Japan. Each one has its own character. I love the old fellow with his glasses on his nose.
Well, I think I will just keep these a while longer and display them somewhere.
















I also have a collection of cream pitchers, some of them are Luster Ware, most of them from Japan. I use these sometimes for short stemed bouquets. Also when I have a tea for several women, I use a different one on each table. But I went through them and have decided to part with the ones pictured here. I have an antique booth in an antique mall, so I will sell them there. I am trying to downsize my collections and this week is my Boxing Week! I am boxing up donations, boxing up things to sell, boxing up Christmas decorations. It is so nice to clean out everything and organize for 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Egretta; Glad you liked the "Around the World in 80 Plates" post. I think I did overdo it a bit though - just too many photos. But I love my plates, and we always try to buy a new one when we go away somewhere on holiday.
    Your cream jugs are good too. I have a few that mostly used to belong to my mother. I must photograph them soon...

    ReplyDelete