Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vintage Embroidered Pieces


Hi on this cloudy day here in South Florida!
I have my fingers crossed that it will rain---we really need it!
Here is a photo of a neat clock I found at an antique shop. It is embroidered and then made into a clock. It is in a display box with a battery in back to move the hands, so I assume it was made in the 50's or so. It is very pretty and has made me want to collect other vintage embroideries, especially samplers.

Samplers can be quite expensive, especially if really old and in good condition. This one probably is not very old, but it is so sweet that I could not keep from adding it to my collection, which now totals 2, the two you see here. I love that this one says "Every Day a Happy Day" because isn't that what we should strive for?
Hope you are having a happy day! Creatively, Egretta.

1 comment:

  1. I love embroidery and wish I had time to do more. Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete