Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Friday, February 18, 2011

Simple Garlic Breadsticks

Hi everyone from Ten Gables Cottage,
Today has not been eventful like yesterday, thank goodness. But I have my eye out for snakes everytime I go outside!

I made some garlic breadsticks to take to a pot luck at church. They are crisp and delicious and so easy. I use foot long hot dog buns or hoagie buns and cut them in half, then half again lengthwise so you get 4 pieces from each bun. Melt a stick of butter (it may take 2 sticks to do the whole lot). I use a pyrex dish long enough to roll the whole bread stick in butter. In the butter, I have added a good bit of garlic powder, about a tablespoon full. Roll each piece in the garlic butter, sprinkle more on top and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at low oven, 250 degrees for about an hour until very crisp. They store well in an airtight container and remain crisp. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Those bread-sticks would be good with a bowl of nice tomato soup... (maybe with a bit of basil in it?)

    ReplyDelete