Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Daisies and a painting of daisies

Hello everyone from Ten Gables Cottage,
I just came in from gathering up Spanish moss from the front yard. It is a beautiful day here but very windy. I thought I would post some more flowers....we never get tired of looking at beautiful flowers, do we? First, though, here is a photo of a painting I did of daisies, right beside a photo of some real blooming daisies. I love to do flower paintings . This one is sold, but on my other blog, I have lots of flower paintings, many for sale, too.



Don't you just love lilies of all kinds! Here is a lovely orange one, so bright and showy! Look at all the buds, too. This is a photo I may have to paint from!





And here is the beautiful white Peace Lily. Unlike most lilies, these blooms last and last.

I love this photo with the shadows on the flower....so pretty.

6 comments:

  1. I like your daisy painting. The lillies look great with the water drops and would make a nice painting subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flowers, and great photos too. I agree with Kelli, that lily would be a nice subject for one of your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisies are a favorite of mine. Love your painting. I have a beautiful picture of daisies here in my office that I adore... my father in law painted it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lovely daisy painting! Hope to start painting again soon after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Enegretta,
    I would like to compliment you on your painting of daisies. Very nice and subtly painted. Daisies are one of my favorites.
    Kind regards, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for all your nice comments! p3chandan, I would love to see your paintings, too.

    ReplyDelete