Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Gotta have some Chocolate...

Hi folks and welcome to Ten Gables Cottage,
Somehow it seems to be a baking kind of day, all cloudy and rain expected, and I am craving chocolate! However, I am trying to diet, so I got out my trusty fat free baking cook book and made these delicious Oatmeal Fudge Squares.

They only have 64 calories each and 0.5 grams of fat!


And believe me, they are so rich tasting, sort of chewy and so chocolatey, Ummmmmm




Here is the cookbook they came from. It is full of luscious fat free recipes, all moist, tasty and delicious.











The recipe follows:



Oatmeal Fudge Squares

1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. quick cooking oats

1/4 cup unsweetened applessauce

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup cocoa powder

2 Tbs. flour

1/4 tsp. salt (optional)

1/4 cup honey

2 egg whites

1 tsp. vanilla

1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional--you could throw in chocolate chips instead)


Coat an 8 inch pan with cooking spray. Mix all the above well and spread in pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 22 minutes, or just til edges are firm and the center is almost set. Cool to room temp. and cut into squares. I refrigerate unserved ones in a tight lidded container to retain their moisture. Soooo good! Especially at TEA TIME, which is coming up at 4 o"clock at Ten Gables!

3 comments:

  1. I just got through searching the cupboards to see if I could find any chocolate! None. I've no eggs in the house to make anything either! Your low fat brownies look good! Would be good with pooh-bear ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Egretta I get those chocolate cravings too girl. LOL! I usually go a whip up a recipe of No Bake Cookies. Oatmeal and chocolate. Yummy. Your recipe sounds much healthier than my option. I bet the applesauce makes them moist too.Sounds good. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, they look great but the cinn. rolls on the book cover really look tasty. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your painting, you are one talented gal. I am feeling your pain with this heat, it is truly unbearable. Keep on painting. Kathy

    ReplyDelete