Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Best Banana Bread



Hi everyone,



What do you do with overripe bananas? Well, you make banana bread! I wish we had internet smell because this smells divine! Ready for tea here at Ten Gables. Below is this most delicious recipe!

Best Banana Bread
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 Eggs
4 Tbs. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups bread flour
1 tsp. soda
2 large ripened bananas, mashed

Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and buttermilk and vanilla and mix well. Add flour and soda and mix well. Add mashed bananas and if you want you can add 1 cup nuts. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Makes 1 loaf.
Delicious spread with soft cream cheese!

Have a happy weekend and don't forget to go to church...makes the whole week better!





















9 comments:

  1. Looks really good. I have 4 over ripe bananas I need to use. I have milk that is almost sour, can that be used as butter milk? I made gooey chocolate brownies today - full fat and extra naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment on the Garden Spot. Looks like we are now blog friends. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite way to eat banana bread is as Sunday morning breakfast, with a large cup of Java coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli, make buttermilk by putting a few spoonsful of vinegar into milk..sour milk in the fidge is probably spoiled! Your brownies sound yummy..who cares if they are extra naughty!
    Thanks for looking, Ann.Happy blogging.

    Mark, That is exactly what I had for breakfast and then later today I had banana bread with peanut butter with tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelli, make buttermilk by putting a few spoonsful of vinegar into milk..sour milk in the fidge is probably spoiled! Your brownies sound yummy..who cares if they are extra naughty!
    Thanks for looking, Ann.Happy blogging.

    Mark, That is exactly what I had for breakfast and then later today I had banana bread with peanut butter with tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, my comments published twice. Oh, well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment. I am thinking that I should try your banana bread, but bananas never get that ripe around here. See you soon--guess I already commented--couldn't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother loves to make these types of cakes which she calls "bread" We always joke when the bananas turn black that we'll be sending them to my mother!

    following!
    SchulmanArt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete