Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Floral Paintings and Plants around the Studio

Hi Everyone,
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I certainly did! Had lots of family here and we had your basic "Eat Fest" ! I must now get down to the business of eating healthier and trying to lose a few pounds. Today, I froze the remaining cookies. They will come in handy later for taking to my quilting group!
For some of you, new to this blog, I have another blog, as well. It is http://egrettawells.blogspot.com/ On it you can see lots of my paintings and click on an icon to the right that will take you directly to my gallery on Daily Paintworks.
Here are a few of the floral paintings I have posted.



I love doing florals, and there is a wealth of material around the property here. Right now the hibiscus is blooming profusely, as well as bougainvillea, many annuals, etc.

We have finally had a low of 50 degrees, so it is very pleasant, sunny, but not hot.





A painting of a pink geranium.Notice I posted this painting sideways....see the signature!







This is a lovely poinsetta I bought for Christmas...don't you just love the color? I hope to do a painting from it soon.




Below are various plants from the back porch. Notice the blue watering globes. They work well!

































Got to run...I must begin working on my New Year's resolutions. Have a great day!











3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a real Hibiscus shrub in my garden - and the weather to support it! Have you gone back to work now, or are you waiting until after New Year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Egretta,

    Beautiful paintings en photo's you have showed.

    I wishing you a season filled with warmth
    and a new year filled with love.

    Lovely greetings,
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I am in the midst of taking down Christmas decorations, doing a bit of cleaning, and then re-organizing the studio. So I will start painting furiously after the first. Don't you love the thought of a new year to accomplish all the things we didn't in the old one! All the best to you!
    Elly, best wishes to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete