Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Making Greeting Cards"



Hi Everyone, It is so cold right now in Florida! Tonight we are supposed to get a hard freeze, so I have been out covering up my big tomato plant, some lettuce and the broccoli and cabbages. It probably won't hurt the broccoli and cabbages, but I fear the tomato will not make it and it is full of nice green tomatoes . I remember the same thing happened last winter!

So today I have been inside painting and working on some projects in the studio. Just for fun, I got out some fabric scraps and buttons, etc. and made a few greeting cards!


Not too long ago, I found so many blank cards at Michaels. Some were nice colors with scalloped borders, some mostly plain and others with borders.

Here are some samples of ones I made. I cut the little sunbonnet girls from print cloth, "sewed" around them with a fine tipped pen. I used a glue stick to glue them onto the card first.

Then I got in the button bag and used parts of silk flowers and buttons to make some flowers on some of the cards.

Some of the flowers were cut from the print cloth, too.They remind me of quilt appliques.









Well it was fun, and I think those who get one of these from me will really enjoy
a handmade card. Now I am thinking Valentine's day!


"Think Ahead"!

4 comments:

  1. You're always working on something creative, Egretta. I bet you never sit idle for a single minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are your cards! I can't decide which I like best. The buttons are a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards, especially the Sun Bonnet Sue. They will make wonderful greeting for your special friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always on the creative end! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete