Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ready to plant flowers.....

Hello everyone, I went to the garden center today and came home with quite a few beautiful flowers plus some basil to plant in my garden! I really get carried away this time of year with all the gorgeous flowers coming into the center!


Here they are sitting on my garden bench.








I will be getting double duty out of them, as Thurs. is our Seniors church dinner, so I plan to put them in little baskets and use them for table decorations before planting them in the garden!

I love this white begonia.













The verbena is so pretty.















Petunias are always a favorite.















Dianthus is very pretty this time of year and easy to grow.














And Pentas attract butterflies and do well even in very hot weather.















This is a first for me (sorry my photo is sideways....I just noticed). It is blue Delphinium and I have never tried it, but am really excited as I truly love the color. The girl at the garden center said that is likes to have the flowers cut and just puts out more and more. Is this true? Let's hear from all you Delphinium growers!















2 comments:

  1. That's pretty collection of flowers! I have pink Pentas too! Never grow Delphinium before though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alot of nice colour and I like your painted garden bench. I think your delphinium plant might be different from the type I grow in Ireland? My 'cottage garden delphinium' flowers twice if I'm lucky but expectations are for one flowering period. However your plant looks a different variety than mine. The colour is fab! Hope you do get lots of repeat flowering!

    ReplyDelete