Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Making Oatmeal Scotchies....

Hi Everyone and welcome to Ten Gables, 
My freezer was empty of cookies and I like to have a nice batch or two frozen for unexpected tea parties and to take to church when we have a Senior dinner. So I found a recipe for Oatmeal Scotchies that sounded pretty good. They were good! Yes, I sampled a few before freezing them.Here is the recipe:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick oats, uncooked
1 pkg. butterscotch morsels
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
In a large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add dry ingredients. Stir in oats and butterscotch morsels. Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto un-greased  cookie sheet and bake 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies and 9-10 minutes for crisper cookies. Makes 4 dozen.
They are Yummy! Won't you join me for tea and cookies?

4 comments:

  1. O wow these look great and I love those Rose cups..sweetie I need your address to get these off to you or do you want me to want till you send the money order??let me know Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy. Great with a cup of Earl Gray or Nambarie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell those baking. LOL! They look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'm there to take a bite! hahhahaa...
    The glass collection is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete