Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

British Humor, pottery and other delights...'

Hello from Ten Gables Cottage, 
you know how fond of cottages I am, even naming my own home Ten Gables Cottage! The cottage here is one from England...I just had to do a watercolor of it!
The ole Curiosity Shop in Burton on the Water.
This is Anne Hathaway's cottage, taken from our coach. We did not get to go inside or to walk through the delightful garden, regrettably.
Now, here is my favorite dessert which I had at a beautiful garden center tea room! Oh, the flavor, the eye appeal! Meringue baked to a crisp on the outside, softer on the inside topped with gobs of real whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate. Why doesn't some one in American put this on their menu? I have never seen Pavlova here! I must try to make it myself!
This lovely pottery pitcher was given to me by Jane and Mark Willis of http://marksvegplot.blogspot.com/  and it came from Bartley Heath Pottery in Hampshire, England. You can find their web sighst on the net. I love pottery and will find many ways to use this pretty pitcher. Thank you Jane and Mark!
Seeing as Queen Elizabeth just celebrated her Jubilee, I had to have a memento and chose this tea cozy of the Union Jack with crown. The Union Jack is on every thing. I love the banners flying all over England; so pretty and welcoming. I even saw a girl with shoes printed with the Union Jack design!
And we had to get this for each of two granddaughters, just for fun! It is a coaster with a message!
And this little saying was printed all over every possible thing, but I loved it on a tea bag holder. Good advise for everyone.....keep calm and carry on!
I love the British attitude!! More fun things in a day or two...keep looking!

1 comment:

  1. I really like you cottage painting. And I really like those British sayings. Funny how they came up with the one about Harry. A lovely pottery jug from Mark and Jane!

    ReplyDelete