Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, September 3, 2012

Vacation in N. Ireland, Scotland, the Cotswolds, England

Hello Everyone, I am back from a two week vacation in Northern Ireland, Scotland and the Cotswolds, England. What wonderful places to go, so full of interesting villages, houses and cottages. In fact, our coach tour to the Cotswolds was called "Cotswolds Villages and Towns". It was really superb and an artist's Paradise, for sure. I took over 200 photos!
Today, I will give you a peek at what is to come! I am really exhausted and can't even think straight to describe the trip and the sights. So I must wait until I have rested a little more. We had a dreadfully long journey home, as in Newark our plan broke down and we waited hours and finally they just got a new plane, so we were waiting at the airport 6 hours for the plane to Orlando! We arrived home at 2:00AM. having left N. Ireland about 5:00 A.M the day before (our time). Northern Ireland is 5 hours ahead of us. It was an awfully long and tiring trip back.
But you can see how delightful the scenery was and I will show you lots more this week as I tell you some more about this great vacation! I will tempt you a bit, too, by mentioning that we met up with two fellow bloggers from England, which was a special treat.
More tomorrow! Please enlarge these photos! The first one is Shakespeare' s birthplace in Stratford Upon Avon, England. the second photo I believe is also in that town and the third on is a bridge in Burton on the Water, a gorgeous little town. I can't wait to start painting from my photos!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Egretta, do you know how jealous of you I am! Wow. Your must have had a wonderful time. I thought I recognized Shakespeare's home. How did you manage to get a photo of it without any tourists in the photo? And is that Will I see in the window? I've been to Stratford on Avon twice, love it. Want to return. I will love to see the rest of your photos. It must have been wonderful to have spent time with Kellie, explaining why both of your blogs have been quiet. I quite understand how tired you are. Travel is exhausting and it seems that there is always a bit of inconvenient plain trouble. Looking forward to hearing--reading--all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing place! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete