Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When do you put the raisins in???

Hi Everyone and welcome to Ten Gables, 
The other day I thought I would make some bread in the bread maker. I have tried this recipe before and it is really good....cinnamon, raisin bread. So I mixed up all the ingredients, except the raisins. The recipe said to add them when the machine "beeped". I happily became involved in other work and didn't hear the beeps.
When I returned to the kitchen, I wondered if it had beeped. The machine clicked onto the rising mode! Oh, no, had I missed it? What to do? Well, I thought, maybe it will knead a bit again after the first kneading, so I opened up the lid and just dumped them in..... 30 minutes later, the raisins were right where I dumped them, getting big and puffy!
The bread went into the bake mode. So boy, did it smell good baking. The smell of cinnamon floated throughout the house! When it finished baking, I took out the bread with all the raisins around the top.  A little hole in the top, after the first slice was cut, gave me a place to stuff any of those that had fallen off!
I got a big laugh out of the whole thing, but my, it was DELICIOUS. Looks aren't every thing. PASS THE BUTTER.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing a smile to me today, Egretta. This was a wonderful, charming and adorable post. I can almost smell how delicious that bread is wafting through each room of your home. And what's this about 'lookos aren't everything'? The bread and the raisins look soooooo moist and soft and delicious. You're right - pass the butter! How I would love a big ol' slice of that gorgeous bread right this moment. Thanks for sharing this, Egretta. You brought a smile that I desperately yearned for today. And I think I've been inspired to go bake a batch of my own tomorrow morning (I don't have a bread making machine, so for me it means about three or four hours of waiting/kneading/rising/proofing and then baking before I can savour the delicious delight of that first scrumptious bite). Enjoy! And, by the way, I love the photo of you enjoying your sweet treat. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, womanbread, for those comments. I am sure your hand made bread will be much better than the machine one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pass the butter, indeed. Looks delicious. I don't have bread maker. Maybe I ought to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! Those raisins look funny around the top. I'm surprised they didn't burn. Bet it tasted good, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bread look so soft and yummy!
    I wonder why the raisins on top too.... ANyway I don't mind as far as it's delicious! hahhahaa....;)

    ReplyDelete