Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Painting Rocks for Crafts Shows

Hi Everyone, As you have heard, there is a Tropical Storm off the coast of Florida right now and is slowly moving North East and developing into Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully it will weaken and not cause anything bad. We had lots of rain and some gusts of wind, but it finally has finished here and is really nice today with cooler temps and some nice dryer air coming in. During the worst of it, I painted a bunch of rocks for the upcoming arts/crafts shows.
You may ask where I find so many rocks. Well, certainly not in my yard, as there are no rocks here in South Florida, except at the garden shops where I have to buy them. Part of the fun is going through a big pile of rocks and finding the right shapes for various animals.
There are squirrels in the yard, though, loving all the tiny acorns on the huge live oak trees, so I just had to paint a squirrel!
Rocks lend themselves to every possible animal from leopards to doggies. 
I love the little guy on the left.
This little girl is all dressed up for a Pooch Party!

Sad, but true, I must get back to painting canvases instead of rocks. Click on any of these for a closer view.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Egretta, you are so amazing. The rocks are so cool. They will be very popular. Are you sure that you have made enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute they are! It's hard to pick my favourite. They're all so good.

    ReplyDelete