Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, April 1, 2013

Beautiful Easter Day


Hi Everyone, Yesterday was a gorgeous Easter Day in South Florida. My grandchildren were visiting and even though they are growing up, we had an Easter egg hunt for them in the afternoon. The plastic eggs contained a little money, so they had incentive to run all over the place hunting their eggs.

Here they are, Andrew who is 14 this month and Austin who is 11. They made dessert, as you can see, which was a fruit pizza. They pressed sugar cookie dough into a pizza pan and after it was baked and cool, they put a topping of cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla flavoring on top of the baked pie. Then they added sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced kiwi and mandarin orange slices. It was very delicious. The plain piece you see on the pie was deliberately left that way for their mother who didn't want the cheese mixture and fruit on hers. 

Flowers are blooming. At church, each person who wants, brings a few flowers from their garden and puts them on a cross form. When everyone is finished. it is truly beautiful. This is done every Easter at the sunrise service. It is amazing the variety of flowers on the cross.


My grandchildren also made me a "pond". Austin asked for a clear plastic tote, saying he wanted to make me a pond. His older brother helped him and they dug a hole just the size of the rectangular box and inserted the clear tote box. I was not allowed to see it until completed, so I painted a rock turtle for the pond while they worked. Here is how it turned out. Too cute!

Andrew is following in his grandma's footsteps doing artwork and taking art in school. He brought several pastels and colored pencil drawing for me to put on my art blog, http://egrettawells.blogspot.com/ and I did put them on there for him, so take a peek at them. Here he is holding two of the paintings. There I am making a shadow in front of the girl painting, but you can see the art. I really liked his girl portrait.
Well, I am a proud granny with two special, cute, and smart grandchildren! We had a fun day and I hope you did, as well.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun Easter. The dessert looks really good. I like the little pond and the turtle you painted. Andrew's pastels are really great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are to have such adorable and loving grandsons--and talented.

    ReplyDelete