Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hot Summer Blooms


Hi All, Today was a nice sunny, lazy sort of day. My friend, Beth, and I went swimming for an hour early this morning at KOA  and then I took a little walk around the garden to see what is blooming. The crepe myrtles are gorgeous and I have 2 shades of pink and a lavender one.  The lavender is a little later to get in full bloom, I think, than the pink.

I can't remember the name of the above perennial, but the blooms are very pretty.
There are a few Sunflowers in the garden and the bees and birds love them.

Zinnias are really my favorite summer flowers as they don't mind the heat and are easy to grow.



The flower garden usually has several kinds of butterflies. They seem to love the bright colors of the zinnias.
And I will end this post with a painting I did of zinnias. Hope you are enjoying the hot days of summer!

3 comments:

  1. I adore zinnias. I planted seeds, but they suffered a sad end. So none this year. The painting captures them perfectly. Yes, I can see you dressed in the '60s as the proper Southern lady. Nice to be a bit more casual these days, but sometimes I am appalled at the way people dress for more formal occasions. Have a good week end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have HOT weather here too - most unusual for us! It has certainly given my veggies a boost, but it has also meant an awful lot of watering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photo with the butterfly and your zinnias painting!

    ReplyDelete