Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Birthday Fun and An Artful Tea


Hi Everyone, It has been awhile since I have blogged! You see, my birthday came and I was so busy opening presents and eating cake that I just couldn't do another thing!! What fun! I really isn't so bad to get old when you can have this much fun! Above is a big basket my friends Margaret and John sent and talk about an eating frenzy; it contained 20 pieces of delicious fruit and that many packages of goodies, too, plus salt water taffy! Yum.

I also received a cute surprise package of fun things, including the sweet little tea bag holder (below) with an Irish theme!

Another package came with a Wristlet that I will love carrying, and such a lovely color.

And a cute Eiffel Tower salt and pepper shakers! I love Eiffel  Towers. I just used some to decorate the tables at my Watercolor Class Tea Party.

It wasn't enough to do Birthday partying and then quit. Oh, no...I gave a tea for my watercolor class.There were 12 of us for tea and I was having so much fun that I completely forgot to take pictures, so after the
 guests all left, I sat up a place setting to show you how it looked. I used Fiesta dishes and mixed up all the bright colors. Each person had a little easel with her name on it for a place card and favor. The napkin holders were like palettes  and we had strawberry tea to drink.  Tiny tea sandwiches and cakes and cookies completed the menu.

In the center of each table was a chunky little art book with an Eiffel Tower on top.

Once again, we nibbled the afternoon away!
I showed some goodies on palette serving dishes. Really cute.  My watercolor class enjoyed the afternoon and we planned for an exhibition of their paintings in September.What a great class I had this summer and what good paintings they produced. More of that to come.

3 comments:

  1. What a great Birthday gifts! Happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - what cute gifts and yummy treats! I love your tea setting with palette and easel, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those palette dishes are really nice! They remind me of an occasion once when we were on holiday in Austria when we had ice-cream served in a similar way - described as "Eis-palette".

    ReplyDelete