Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Paintings # 11 and 12 and Owl key chains


Hi Everyone, here are my Sept. 11 and Sept. 12 daily paintings for the painting challenge. They are small, but still have a lot packed into them. The still life is called "Green Pots" and I tried to do a loosely done painting with interesting arrangement of shapes and colors. As you know,  a painting is more than just subject matter....it contains many elements of art, including shapes, space, color, line, value, etc. Click on the paintings to enlarge and see details.

This painting was inspired by photos taken in Key West. I love the colorful homes there with shady porches among the Palms.

In my "spare time" (???) I am making crafts for the church bazaar and also for another Christmas craft show held in November. I designed some felt owl key chains and at night when I am resting and watching a bit of T.V., I am sewing these. Busy hands, etc..........
Have a great day and Think Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment