Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Two Paintings and Sunflower Saturday


Hi everyone, Today I will show you #13 (above) and # 14 (below) for the painting challenge. It has not been too hard to get them done.After all, they are only 5 x 7 which is very small. I consider this challenge sort of like taking a class. It is a learning or practice experience. I am using water soluble oils because of being allergic to turpentine and linseed oil, so I am using water and a bit of walnut oil. It works well. I can't wait until the challenge is over and I can move on to a really large oil painting! And get back to my watercolors, of course, for I truly love watercolors!

I was really pleased with the apple painting. I washed some McIntosh apples and noticed how some drops of water just sat on them, so I had to paint them! It was fun. The next fun thing will be to make an apple crisp for dinner tonight!

My sunflowers are all gone now, but they were so pretty and told me that Fall was on the way! I always think of Fall when I see sunflowers....not summer. Maybe it is because Fall decorations always contain Sunflowers! 

Most of the time they want to drop their heads because the seeds are quite heavy.

Some are on the yellow orange side and some are a brighter yellow. There are many, many varieties. I think next year, I will plant lots of them, staggering the times planted to be able to have blooms longer.
Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are keeping up with the challenge. I feel the same... can't wait to get back to large paintings. Love those apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunflowers are very pretty! Your paintings are both great. What juicy looking apples!

    ReplyDelete