Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Friday, January 31, 2014

Broccoli and Cabbage



Oh Dear, I am still having all kinds of trouble blogging since they changed some things on posting photos. Maybe eventually, I will work it out! Anyway here are a couple of photos from my little winter garden. I have been harvesting broccoli and when you pick some, more comes up on sprouts. It is so good! The original head was all together on this plant, but after cutting it, then sprouts appear with more broccoli tips. I adore broccoli...I suppose it is my favorite veg.
The cabbages are doing great, too. I haven't harvested one yet, but this one is about ready. Fresh Cole Slaw sounds really good. I got a new recipe this Fall for Spagetti Cole Slaw that is sooooo good. You grate about a cup of cabbage and mix it with about 6 ounces of cooked and drained Spagetti. Add some chopped onion and green pepper, a Tablespoon full of sugar or more to taste and then use Marsetta slaw dressing to moisten the whole. Oh, it is delicious! I took some to a Pot Luck at church and it went well, with everyone wanting the recipe.

The weather here in Florida is much improved today. The rain has quit and the temperature has gone up to 70, with tomorrow to be a high of 81. Yes! I love bright sunny days. It certainly elevates one's mood.
Hope you have a nice weekend, that all the snow is melting if you got some, and that your winter garden is also doing well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Egretta.sounds like your are living in paradise-- fresh vegetables, wonderfully warm weather. It is snowing now, again, just as the weather people have promised. We had about n six inches Thursday night. We need the moisture and I can now afford the luxury of not having to go out in the weather. The Broncos are the favorite team. I hope that is not a jinx. This team is one class act with a great leader. You can be proud of your shirt tail relative. I hope we have big smiles Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the Broccoli - it's probably my favourite veg too. The cabbage looks like a very fine specimen too.
    You seem to have manged the uploading of the photos just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing really well with your broccoli and cabbage - the cabbage looks so healthy and no bug nibbles! The cole slaw recipe sounds interesting, I bet it is good.

    ReplyDelete