Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hand painted Tropical Pillows

Hi Everyone,
What a gorgeous day we are having in sunny Florida.  It is picture perfect weather and lovely outside! How lucky to live where there is no snow, no grey days to speak of, where you can always go outdoors and enjoy green grass, flowers and the sun!
I have been painting more pillows for my art gallery. Hopefully I will be able to fill a whole big rack with pillows, but they go fast, so getting ahead is pretty hard.  I was off my "paint" for a week and in bed with the worse case of flu I've had in years.  My hubby, who took the flu shot,( and I didn't) had it, too, and he had it just as bad as I did. In fact, he caught it first and passed it to me.  We were both so ill for a full week and still have a bit of a cough.  There were times when I thought we'd have to call the ambulance, but thankfully, we hung in there, took over the counter meds and finally got well. I now have a new appreciation for feeling well and being able to paint!
Hope all is well with you! Spring is right around the corner and soon everywhere will have sunnier days!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you had the flu. Me? I never have taken the flu shot. As I told my doc when he asked if I had gotten mine yet, I said, "I don't get the flu," and I haven't. I seldom get colds. I am glad that you are back on your feet. Love love the pillows. I would imagine that you can barely keep up with the sales. They are gorgeous. And thanks for admiring my hearts. I hope you and your friends made some. They are a fun project. Enjoy you warm weather. We are freezing up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're fine now! What a lovely cushion covers!

    ReplyDelete